Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 12

SUN!!! Warm SUN! No seriously. Today it's like 68 degrees and it feels gooood. I'm down to shorts for the first time on the trip. It chills me a little when that north wind blows but at least it's light and at my back. I had a little sun yesterday but it's the real deal today. There is even some blue sky about.

So yesterday, day 11, was a total sight seeing day. I was out for around 8 hrs but my ride time was only 4 1/2 hours. Got off the bike and locked it up to explore some of the parks. Most of the day was on the ocean. Who knew there were dunes in Oregon? Bigger than Kitty Hawk. Lot cliff wave watching too. They are starting to get smaller and bluer. The waves that is. I reckon that last storm is done churning up the ocean.

Today, day 12, has been pedal to the metal day. Most of the ride is inland with few parks and I knew the weather was going to be half decent. There was this one road coming out of Charleston. It was called Seven Devils Rd. There were two devilish hills on that road that reminded me of good old eastern KY! Someone marked each hill to let you know you were not done but the rest of the hills were not that bad. Then an awesome down hill back towards the water. Some of today has reminded also of VA on the east side of the mtns. Lost of tree cutting and replanting. Rolly hills too.

Well, I need to get back out there and catch some more of those rays. I've got 15 more miles to go to get to the end of today's ride in Port Orford, OR. I think on Sunday I'll be hitting the CA state line, looks like maybe more rain too.

No comments: