Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day 26

Cambria to Lompoc, CA. How about a 94 mile day? Didn't mean to to that but it felt good and the wind was right so I just kept pedaling! I've had some gray mornings and at noon it clears out. Cambria was the next stop after Big Sur (I think). Big Sur had some big climbs but it was pretty quiet back there. After Cambria was much the same but closer to the water. Today I pretty much goofed off all morning thinking I was going to stop in Pismo beach. I got there at lunch time and decided to keep going. Not to hot, not too cold and wind at my back after lunch. Of course, there was a brutal hill over a mtn at mile 90 but I think my but was more tired of being on the bike than my legs were! A fun downhill down into Lompoc.

I'm having fun but looking forward to being done. I've been gone long enough and spent enough for this year!

No comments: