Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 5 and a couple previous

Well, it's been wet. It took three days of riding before I saw a dry road. Finally yesterday it was dry most of the day and the roads dried about lunch time. I've traveled through the inland parts of Washington's waterways and today I hit Astoria. It's been quite hilly the past couple of days. For the past 20 miles or so memories of last year have been flooding me as I am on the tail end of out cross country route. I'll be passing by our ending spot later today.

Making today a short day as I am doing some tent shopping and getting caught up on drying out. They say it's going to be wet again starting tomorrow. I've also got to find a shower and do some laundry. I'm tent shopping cause my new tent was made for a different kind of weather or something. It's condensating badly on the inside and gets me wet when I get in and out of it. The outside is dry! I'm hoping that if I can't find one that the wind of the coast will make it have better air flow and fix the prob.

I'm looking forward to some different scenery as well. Most of what I've been through has looked a lot like VA in the fall. Hills are longer though. I'm looking forward to being near the ocean. Hopefully I'll find more libraries too. They been harder than expected to find and this one won't let me put and pictures on! Til next time!

No comments: