Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 23

Otters in Moss Landing Harbor.

Pigeon Point Light House. Below San Fransisco.


Sunset in San Fransisco.

I hope you know what this is!

Santa Cruz to Monterey today. Very warm and sunny today. I could get used to this! Went past a lot of produce farms today. Very flat for miles coming into Seaside and Monterey. Lots of wind from the east until about the time I hit the bay area, then it started coming in off the ocean.

The fires are not affecting any of the roads I need to use yet. Malibu will be the closest to my route. They say it has burned clean down to the ocean there and should be out by the time I get there next week. The weather is supposed to change tomorrow and help the firefighters get everything put out and blow the smoke back inland.
I'm at the home of Paul and Sue Lottridge tonight. They are a couple I know from Harrisonburg. They moved out here about 14mos ago. Bike junkies as well. Thank you to them for opening their home up to me!
Paul with his favorite bike "the Redline Six Niner".


My box from home has just arrived with my warm weather gear in it and I'll be glad to get rid of these cold weather shoes. They are getting pretty ripe smelling from all the days of rain and then my feet have been sweating in them for the past four days. I'm still gonna tell you about shoes another day!

Tomorrow I head out to Big Sur. I've always heard about it, and now I get to see it.

No comments: