Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 28

Below Monterey

Santa Barbara


Venice Beach paddle surfing

Santa Barbara to Venice Beach. Today ended up being an 89 miler. The weather was good, the wind was good and I was having a good time just looking around. The first 50 miles were pretty flat and I had a good wind off my right shoulder most of the time. It got a little hilly in Malibu but I was having a good time gaulking at the cars and motorcycles, houses, people, and beaches. I saw some beaches where newbies were learning to surf. The waves were only a foot or two and rolling in just as nice as could be! Anyone could learn here! Don't know about that cold water though!

My plan was to stay in Malibu but as I rolled though I noticed there were all these places with valet parking. Too rich for my blood so I cruised on to Santa Monica. That's where I got off the road and onto the bike path. Bikers, skaters, homeless people, street vendors, and so much more to see! Before I knew it I was in Venice Beach. I stayed there beacuse I wanted to see the Arbor Snowboard shop. That's the kind of snowboard I have, and Venice is where they started. They were closed for the day. Good day.

No comments: