Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 16

Happy Birthday to me! Today is a day off. My birthday gift to myself plus I need to laundry and such.

The past couple of days has been wet again as it is today. In the past two days I've been traveling through the Redwood National Forrest. Those trees are amazing! It was Rainy, slilent, mossy, foggy, dark and slick in there. You feel sooo small! As soon as you climbed into the fog you would start seeing the big trees. The signs said that they grow mostly from 300ft above sea level to 3000ft. Coming down out of that forrest I was freezing my butt off from the long climb up. It was worth it to see those awesome trees. A surprise coming out of the forrest park was that I got to see a herd of ELK! There were bunch of males laying in someone's yard and in the next field were the rest feeding. Then later I saw another herd of 25-30 down closer to the ocean.
By this time the rain had slowed to a drizzle and the rest of the ride was pretty pleasant and considerably flatter.

Oh yeah, yesterday I walked down this trail behind the hotel though a deep dark forrest to "Hidden Beach". There was tons of driftwood to look at but the SEALS in the breakers were the highlight of the trip.

So Jimmy asked me in a n email what songs were going through my head on this trip. Well, I've got quite a lot of songs going through my head since I have a mp3 with me. I don't always use it, depends on the road I'm on and the traffic and such. But I do listen to "Don't Worry, Be Happy" every time I have it on. For those of you that don't know that was Dusty's favorite song on the cross country trip.

So today I'm in Eureka, CA. I'm looking forward to warmer drier weather but it seems to be taking it's time finding me! See ya next time!

2 comments:

Basil Hangemanole said...

Taz,
Sounds as if you are having a blast. I am up for next year.I lived in Southern Cal 45 years ago and would have love to made this trip with you.
Basil

MRussell said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you're having a great trip. Thanks for letting us ride vicariously through you.