Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day 27

Today put me in Santa Barbara. A large but nice town what I've seen so far. Tons of head wind this morning coming through a canyon and back out towards the water. I was fearing that the wind would persist out by the water but it was not so bad. My old friend "Rain" came back to visit as well once out by the water. Not enough to soak me though. Just got me damp and by the time I got to SB I was pretty much just back to being sweaty. Good for the fire fighters south of here too. I saw some spots of where stuff had been burned but I don't think it was real recent. Didn't have that smell.

So it looks like I'll be done in about two more days. I'm quiting in Seal Beach, which is just south of LA. It's kind of the south end of LA. That's where my Dad lives. I don't see much sense in going down further right now. It'll save me some money and give me an excuse to come back out here to finish that last 150 miles when there are safer breathing conditions. So I think I'll be done on Monday, hang with my Dad and his wife Judy for a few days and be back to work in Carbondale on the 5th, which was the original plan. Think Craig, my boss will be glad to see me?

No comments: