Monday, October 29, 2007

The Day After

So here are a few stats and thoughts from the trip:

1553.94-- Total Miles Ridden
24------- Days on the bike
3-------- Days off
11.17---- Avg speed (including roaming around towns and goofing off)
5.28----- Avg hours a day spent in the saddle
94.05---- Longest day in miles
31.71---- Shortest day in miles
14------- Days with rain
8-------- Total number of flats (all on first set of tires)
1-------- Blown out tire
2-------- Sets of tires
3-------- Tubes
1.5------ Bottles of lube

So this trip was over all a good experience in that I pretty much did want I wanted to do. I got to see a ton of stuff I've never seen, I tested myself in the rain and on some of the hills. I was glad I had Mike and other people to talk to at night to keep me sane. Another dream can be checked off the list.

What would I change? Maybe the time of year I went, by a month. There was a good amount of traffic but there would have been more if it were warmer. I would want to camp more and do less miles per day on this route if camping to set up and take down camp. This would be less costly and more into the area and its surroundings.

The scariest part? I don't get scared on the roads riding with cars usually. There were a couple of places just south of Cresent City, CA (not far into CA) where the road was 4 lanes going up into the Redwoods with no shoulder. Then I got high enough to hit the fog and it was a weekend. Lots of RVs going up and down that mtn.

The most fun part? HM, that's a hard one. Seeing the seals, whales, deer, dolphins and other assorted small wildlife definitely rates at the top of the list. Seeing the ocean nearly everyday and how it changes as you come down the coast too. Riding wise though I really liked the roads in Marin county and south of San Fransisco. The roads are curvy, up and down and not too many cars so I can use the whole road. Fun riding.

So now what? I reckon you'll have to watch the regular blog and see. I've got lots more dreams to mark off that list! I'll be making a movie of this trip like the one Jimmy did of the cross country trip. If you want a copy just shoot me an email at mtnbikertaz@yahoo.com with your street address. It'll be done after Christmas sometime.

1 comment:

Larthom's Blog Site said...

Taz's blog site would not load for us during her ride, so we thought she was not updating the site. We learned after her arrival in Seal Beach that her blogs were online though we could not see them, so we were keeping up through her cell messages. My blog comments were due to this fact...We were sure happy to see her safely here.

Taz's Dad and Judy