Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 6

Very, very wet. Again :( I'm in a hotel in Tillamook. Great people. Looks like it's going to be wet tomorrow too. I'm having thoughts of sending my camping stuff home and just moteling it the rest of the way. I can ride in the wet cold but not camp in it too. I'll think about it some more tonight.

I can't get these pics to load to save my neck!

Other than being wet a lot it's good. I've cut down on the mileage as the cold and wet was wearing me down and not letting me enjoy the scenery. Today I saw the hay stack rock in Cannon Beach. Saw three deer muching on some wet grass on a back road and a giant slug crossing a wet road. I also saw this one little bay that was out of the wind and just full of people in little fishing boats. They say I'm crazy! Oh yes, the wind. It would hit me at about 3/4 up each hill as I came over the top and then mess with my steering all the way down. It's not supposed to be coming out of the south!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taz,
Considering the rough weather you're encountering, your progress is amazing!! Thank you for sharing this journey. "Hold it in the road"(as my dad always says :)
Susie & Add Gardner (your followers from the Carbondale bike shop)

Taz Brown said...

Thanks guys!